Sunday, November 27, 2011

Random Poetry

Greetings Earthlings!
(I think I'll start all my posts with this greeting from now on)
I looked through all the poems that I have added to this blog, and I've realized that they all seem to be written by a clinically depressed poet. Firstly I'd like to state, that I am not clinically depressed, and to ascertain this fact I have added a rather random poem that I wrote a month or so ago (but never added to my blog for some reason). Ok, so context, this poem is about my football boots (literally at least), but, there is obviously an underlying meaning to it, as in all my poems. And as always, I will not explicitly state that meaning.

                        The Stubborn Shoe
Two years did you lay
Stacked in my cupboard
Never seeing the light of day
But now no other, can I afford
So I've taken you out to play

"I've had enough" you say
Your second choice, I can be no more
And you split on end like hay
So out you go, through my back door
And now I need another shoe



2 comments:

  1. Thou shall be a fine writer, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for that, I'll write a note to you in the acknowledgement's page when I publish xD

    ReplyDelete